Friday, August 22, 2008

They tried

Well, they tried, but the traditional vent didn't work so well. Rhys was having problems getting rid of enough CO2 so it's back to the oscillator. His settings are now REALLY high to try to help him get back to where he was before they switched to the regular vent. I was hoping for the best, but had a feeling this would be the outcome (same as last time they tried it a few weeks ago). The blood pressure is down a little once again and now he isn't peeing enough and his electrolytes are low. Sheesh. One good thing, at least he should be able to sustain the traditional vent long enough to have the surgery. But they need to get him back in order before they decide when that will happen.

4 comments:

Crystal M said...

Stay positive girl - God's timeframe doesn't always match ours, but His is always for a better reason as hard as that is to sometimes understand. We love you and you are both doing an incredible job. Fight little Rhys!

Love & Hugs - Crystal

Angie and Jason said...

It's plain to see, little Rhys doesn't like being messed with. Try to keep your head up and know that we are praying for you. It's good to know that he will be able to sustain the traditional vent long enough to have his PDA closed. We pray that will go really well and he recovers quickly from that. C'mon Rhys, we love you!! We love you, too Candice and Cody!
Angie

Bridget said...

Candice- I love you and want to let you know that I think of you, Cody, and Rhy daily and will continue to keep you all in my prayers as well. My heart is with you!
Bridget

Kim said...

Candice and Cody,
Just want you to know that all of you are still in my thoughts and prayers every single day. I pray that God continues to give the guidance to precious Rhys' doctors and nurses they need. Also, I have to say that the slideshow was amazing...I can't count how many times I've watched. Thank you for continuing to share your journey...what incredible parents you are.
Love, Kim