Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy March

My bumbo chair. If Mom isn't careful I will
arch right out of the back of it.

Chillin' in my bouncer. I don't always like it, but it's
not too bad when I'm watching TV.

Lil' Slugger


Not much new with Rhys. We got his Synagis shot on Friday. He usually quits crying as soon as the needle comes out, but this time it took him an extra minute to two. Poor little man. His head control is getting better by the day, he gnaws on his hands 24/7, but he still doesn't like his little toys that he could chew on. He does however, show interest in his larger toys that he isn't able to pick up on his own. I have noticed a lot of saliva in his mouth the last day or two, which makes me wonder about a possible tooth. I have also noticed, and several people have asked about, what looks like a tooth coming in on the bottle. It has been this way for weeks and it doesn't feel like there is a tooth there, but maybe it's on its way. He hasn't started drooling yet, but he has lots of bubbles. He is still sleeping in his pack-and-play and doing fairly well. He sleeps about the same amount of time he did when he slept with us, but he does seem to take better naps. His eating is slightly improved, but I am forever wondering how the boy gains weight with the volume he takes in. I think the only reason he gains any at all is because of the cereal we've been putting in his bottles. We have a surgery consult this week for his hernias so we will see the doctor says. Part of me wants to get it over with ASAP, but the other part wants to wait a while. I don't really fear him "relapsing" and needing continued breathing support, but him being on the vent for any length of time is too long for me!!

Today I am: 7 months, 1 week and 6 days old
Adjusted I am: 3 months and 3 weeks old


This is from Rhys' puree exploration tonight. The therapist suggested to only use the spoon to encourage him to work his tongue and lips. And, to make as much mess as possible in an attempt to get around any potential aversion to having things on his face and body. As you can see, Rhys enjoyed his bananas. The little monkey won't grab for his toys, but he sure as heck had no problems grabbing the spoon!

1 comment:

amyoutlaw said...

I like the last 2 pics of him grabbing the spoon.