Wednesday, March 11, 2009

5 am update

Well, its 5 am and Rhys has started to wake up. He slept off and on from 9:00 until 4:00. He still doesn't want to eat and he just got some more Tylenol with codeine at 4:30. Hopefully that will help him sleep. We should be getting out of here this morning sometime.

10 a.m. - We're home! I woke up early this morning, stopped and grabbed Cody some breakfast and headed to the hospital with the rest of the almost rush hour traffic. I got to the hospital around 7:30 just as the doctor popped in. Rhys looks great, he is acting like himself again and gaining his appetite back. He ate 3.5 ounces for me this morning while Cody ate breakfast. The doctor signed the papers and out the door we went! I just gave Rhys a wipe down, some clean clothes, a fresh diaper and he is perfectly happy! We got a prescription for Tylenol with codeine so hopefully that will get him through the next day or two and then he'll be good. He is moving quite well for someone who just had surgery. I haven't heard him fuss this morning in pain so I am thankful. His little circumcision looks 100% better today even than it did yesterday so I am hoping the quick recovery continues. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I will post our pictures later this afternoon.

9:45 p.m. - Rhys has eaten fairly well today considering it is the day after surgery. His pain meds are working wonderfully and he has slept most of the day. Part of me hates that the meds are making him so drowsy, but on the other hand I think that is better for his healing. Per the doctor, I am going to stick with the codeine as prescribed through at least tomorrow and see how he feels. I don't want to keep him doped for days if he doesn't need it, but don't want him in pain either. He went 8 hours today without indicating he was hurting and that is already 1000% better than yesterday. His man parts are a little swollen and frankly look a little beat up, but I notice an improvement every time I change his diaper. Hopefully he will continue to sleep well tonight so Cody and I can get some rest!


Jodi said...

Sheesh. . at least they added Tylenol with codeine. You'd think they would give him something better than just Tylenol. I'm with you. . .it doesn't even help my headaches. Poor little guy. I'm thinking of you guys!

bran1005 said...

Thinking of you guys. Hope Rhys feels better soon and has more of an appetite.

Ellie Grace and Bennett said...

I can't believe it took them that long to add something stronger than Tylenol...maybe it has something to do with them trying to extubate him right away and wean him down on the O2. Glad to hear you will be going home soon! I see the zoo in our future (but, not next week b/c it's spring break aka. germfest anywhere in Houston!)