Friday, January 23, 2009

Bucket List

This is a "bucket list". I got it from Jodi (Olivia's mom). I thought it was neat, and (like Jodi) I don't have much else to talk about so here goes. The idea is to highlight or change the color of the items you've completed. I think you're supposed to tag people, but just feel free to do it, I think it makes for an interesting read.

1. Started your own blog. - clearly I have a blog :)
2. Slept under the stars. - I've slept in a tent under the stars, I will count that.
3. Played in a band. - Jr. High clarinet, 1st chair baby! haha
4. Visited Hawaii. - No but it's on the list. When Rhys is safe to fly in 20 years that will be our relaxing destination. It was in the running for the honeymoon though.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. - Sadly I have not done this in a monetary capacity, but I volunteered a ton in college and even some after I graduated.
7. Been to Disneyland. - No, but again, when our rug rat is safe to fly and old enough to enjoy it we're there!
8. Climbed a mountain. - Climbed a mountain on a train to the top of Pike's Peak. ??
9. Held a praying mantis. - I don't do bugs.
10. Sang a solo. - Absolutely not. I do not have a voice other people would care to listen to and I'm not afraid to say it.
12. Visited Paris. - Twice. My favorite city. Ahhh, I loooove Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. - I've been remarkably lucky with my health.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. - We missed this when we were in NYC.
18. Grown your own vegetables. - Cody likes to say we have a brown thumb. I have tried herbs, but the bugs always get to them before I do.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. - And the little guards with machine guns. Twice, love the Louvre.
20. Slept in an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitchhiked. - Too chicken.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. - I like to refer to these as mental health days... which are necessary to keep yourself from NEEDING a legit sick day.
24. Built a snow fort. - Haha that would require snow and Colorado didn't have any when I was there... neither did Alaska come to think of it.
25. Held a lamb. - I'm sure I've done this.
26. Gone skinny dipping. - I barely get into a bathing suit, much less go in my birthday suit.
27. Run a marathon. - Again, running is not something I am good at.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. - On my European tour list.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. - Sadly no, my years in softball never produced a home run.
32. Been on a cruise. - Alaska and Cozumel.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. - I tried to "teach" myself a few words of French before our honeymoon... laughable effort.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. - We've been very lucky.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. - Didn't make it to Pisa... saw Capri though and I think it was much better.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. - On my future European tour.
41. Sung karaoke. - I hid behind the rest of the group.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. - I leave this to Cody, he is the Africa expert.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. - On vacation in Florida... nothing romantic about it.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person. - Beautiful, but not what I expected.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. - After Cody guilted me into it. My back hurt so bad and I just wanted to sit on the mid level and wait for him to get back.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. - Always wanted to get SCUBA certified.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud. - Always as a kid. I was the queen of mud pies.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business. - ?? I used to paint shirts and sell them when I was younger. Crazy.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching. - In Alaska. Pretty cool.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter. - To get to the top of the glacier in Alaska.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square. - New Year's Eve with all the other crazies. Cody proposed. :)
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London. - Ditto European tour.
77. Broken a bone. - I sort of fractured my finger playing softball. Hurt like the devil.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. - Been close...
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican. - Wow! And I'm not catholic.
82. Bought a brand new car. - Twice, with my own credit! Woohoo!
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. - A few times when I was a kiddo.
85. Read the entire Bible. - Only some.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. - Ewe.
88. Had chicken pox. - Have the scars to prove it.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one. - Baby Bentley.
94. Had a baby - I've had two beautiful babies, and God willing a couple more.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day.

I guess I'm not as boring as I thought I was...

1 comment:

amyoutlaw said...

Never bounced a check? I bounced one for $.89 cents in college. True, true!