Sunday, January 18, 2009

Anatomy of a smile

Cody has been telling me Rhys has smiled at him a few times, but I hadn't seen it. Last night I sat and talked to Rhys for a good 30 minutes. He got so excited and looked like he had to much to say, but I still didn't get a smile. He is trying so hard to talk more than his occasional cooing, so I think once he starts he's never going to be quiet. Here is our first smile session that we could capture on camera. He sat and smiled at Cody for a good 10 minutes.

8 comments:

amyoutlaw said...

Oh how precious! I could eat him up!
Amy

Assistant Village Idiot said...

What a cutie! From the Assistant Village Idiot's wife

Mary Anne Whiteley said...

And that is when you really start to feel so much better about the parenting thing...when you get REWARDED for your efforts! The next one to really look forward to is when your kiddo reaches out for you to pick him up!

Juliette said...

Rhys is so precious. Don't those smiles just melt your heart?

Crystal M said...

Too Cute!! That is the time you enjoy the most! It gets better and better and then you realize just how much they complete your life!

Jodi said...

Those smiles will get you through so much. Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile. I can see the hearts breakin' now! =0)

Bran

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous smile! The third one down is my favorite.