Sunday, November 16, 2008

4 months

I'm still loving my tummy time.
It's mine, mine, mine!
Rhys is good at sprawling out.
Beautiful blue eyes.

More "loving time" as one of his doctors calls it.

Today marks 4 months for Rhys. He's getting so big! We have been in the new pod for a few days now and I have to say I'm not really liking it. There are fewer nurses per baby as compared to the other pod and they aren't quite as attentive. Rhys' oxygen has been higher since his move than it had been previously and that is mainly due to the fact that the nurses don't know him and insist on cranking up his oxygen when he starts to desat. Very aggravating. I feel like I've been griping about it nonstop since we got here. I guess it will just take time for them to get to know him. I have however let two of the doctors know, and will also let Rhys' primary doctor know tomorrow when he comes back on shift. I just don't want them to think this is all Rhys acting up, and delay nasal cannula. Speaking of cannula, his pressure is still 5 (not sure what happened to 4 on Friday, I asked to make sure he was okay and was told he was doing great). Feeds are at 50cc and he's weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces.

2 comments:

Myra said...

What a precious baby...

Unknown said...

Hey Candice and Cody!

Just checking in from Congo. The new pictures are awesome! It's amazing to see the contrast of the pictures of the boys just below to how big Rhys is now. Rhys has come so far! I bet his little brother is proud of him, as well as his Mommy and Daddy!
Have patience with your new staff. They are just getting to know how incredible little man is, and besides, you're in the home stretch now. Soon you'll get to call ALL of the shots!
BTW, what color is Ninja Bear's belt now?
Take care. Love,
Tim & Debi