Monday, November 29, 2010

and, he's off!

Rhys is all over the place! He's down the halls, checking out the laundry room, sliding through the bathrooms, playing in his bedroom and most recently he's into the media cabinet.


The cabinet is new and he quickly discovered the doors slide open and he thinks the little niche is perfectly sized for him to crawl into. You can also see his handy work tearing up the foam mat. I've never had to worry about it before, but I guess it's time to baby proof the house!

Zoe is oh so close to wanting to move on all fours. She is leaning waaaay over to reach things while sitting and she slides her legs around and can almost tuck them underneath her. She is also fascinated with the couch and side of the crib so I don't think it will be much longer before she tries to figure out how to pull herself up. When on all fours she rocks back and forth like she's ready to go, but she doesn't really get on all fours yet unless I put her in that position. I can not believe she is already eight and a half months old!

Today I had my yearly checkup with the OB. I'd been putting it off for months for one reason or another and finally made myself go. The topic of the day was future pregnancies. I asked if he had any reason to believe subsequent pregnancies would progressively get worse. We all agree my pregnancy with Zoe went as well as we could have hoped for, but I still had random contractions from about 20 weeks on. My fear has been that my next pregnancy would become worse, and holy moly if I got pregnant after that it would be even worse still. My OB didn't think that was the case. He even thinks the next pregnancy would go better than Zoe's. Not sure why he thinks that though, guess I should have asked, but I can only assume it is because he now knows what my classical incision scar looks like and knows we were successful with the precautions we took with Zoe. He wants to do a hysteroscopy to check out the interior of my uterus though. He doesn't suspect anything, just thinks it is worth checking out.

Now, this doesn't mean we are going to have another baby right now, but God willing we will one of these days! Probably sooner rather than later. Actually, if I didn't have my issues I would do it right now in a heartbeat, but we have more to consider than just another bambino. To be honest, if the stork delivered babies I think I'd be in danger of wanting half a dozen. No joke. They are a lot of work, but are worth every minute of it. And even though people keep trying to tell me I'll change my mind once I have another, I think they are wrong because I just know.

1 comment:

Jill (& Bob) said...

Well...for us, it seems as though the stork did deliver our first :) Unlike you, though, 2 is a perfect number for me. A lot of work, a lot of love, worth every second...but I don't think God blessed me with enough patience to have a half dozen! Hats off to those who can do it and do it well!