Tuesday, November 23, 2010

news about Rhys's equipment

After much back and forth between me and the med supply company we've finally seen some action. I just gave up on the sales rep since we didn't have time to wait for her to decide to do her job. For the last week I've been working with the PT, high risk doctor, and med supply company to provide the necessary documentation to get Rhys's equipment ordered. If you haven't gone through this process before it is a royal pain.in.the.butt! There has been a lot of confusion, a lot of duplicate document requests to the doctor and PT, as well as just plain ole' miscommunication.

I spoke with the doctor yesterday, trying to give her some direction as to what the paper work needed to say. Of course I have no idea, I'm just going based on what I understood from the med supply company. Never mind the sales rep should be doing this! So after that I'd had enough and called the sales rep's supervisor to get him in the loop. I left him a message, never heard back, but gave him the benefit of the doubt since it is a holiday week.

Today I called my contact to check on the status, only to find out he was on vacation and they were waiting on the MIA sales rep to fix some such something in the computer before they could proceed. I totally flipped out on the assistant! Ten minutes later I had a call from the supervisor. He was very apologetic, was a quick study and tied up loose ends for me today. We should now be ready to submit to insurance for pre-certification tomorrow. They've already verified benefits, but now they have to provide the necessary documentation for insurance to approve the purchase. Once that is done the equipment order will be expedited by the supervisor and we should get it prior to the end of the year. I'm glad we were able to get everything pushed through, but at the same time I find it ridiculous I had to hound so many people to get the job done. I believe the supervisor was embarrassed enough that he will do anything in his power to get this done by Dec 30, but I'll feel better once insurance grants approval and everything is ordered.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What a pain, Candice! Hope everything gets processed and arrives in time. You're a champ to buckle down and get this thing taken care of, and Rhys & Zoe are so lucky to have you watching out for them!

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

MtnGirl said...

Unfortunately, sometimes parents have to strongly advocate for their children in order for them to get what they need. It's sad that the MIA sales rep could not/would not fulfill their job duties.

Crystal M said...

There is no greater advocate for a child that one pissed off parent! lol - Really though - I agree - Rhys and Zoe are so blessed to have you as their mommy. You are an amazing woman and mommy - you need to hear that and believe it. Giving up your career to be a full time mommy is tough, rewarding, crazy and a blessing...AND something that I truly admire about you. Love you gal!