Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TV Junky

I think my son is becoming a TV junky. More and more I am noticing that he watches the TV, doesn't really matter what's on. This morning we had a little bit of cereal (with a spoon woohoo) and I left him in his bouncer to clean up. When I came back in this is what I see (you will just have to trust me that he is looking at the TV). Cody also tells me that when he rocks him in the afternoons Rhys is very focused on watching whatever it is that is on at the time. Oh boy.
We are also having more and more difficulty keeping the cannula on. Rhys' poor face is completely torn up from him ripping off the tape. He hates it. I hate it. I keep trying to tell him if he'd eat like a big boy and gain some more weight we could get rid of the darn thing for good!

We have another PT appointment tomorrow, followed by a speech therapy session. Last week Rhys wasn't interested in eating for the speech therapist, so she didn't get to see much. A lot of times Rhys is so nosey he is more interested in the new surroundings/people than eating, so it's anyone's guess if he will cooperate tomorrow. Even making sure he's super hungry doesn't work. The boy wouldn't eat if he didn't make him anyway. He was wide awake at 3:30 this morning and only wanted an ounce. Then when we woke up and got moving he only wanted two ounces this morning. If you interrupt his eating at all you might as well pack it up, so we have become really good at keeping his attention on the bottle for as long as it will hold. When it works, it works and he'll take as much as 4-5 ounces. If not, good luck getting him to quit playing with it!

Oh, I have noticed that Rhys is finally looking at his hands. It's kind of funny because he doesn't really pay attention until he grabs for something and then he's like "what's this??" and then brings it to his mouth to start eating it. I have also realized that he sort of laughs. It isn't a full on laugh, and he hasn't squealed yet, but he sort of gives a ha-ha. My little man is getting so big.


Today I am: 7 months, 1 week and 1 day old
Adjusted I am: 3 months, 2 weeks and 2 days old

Johnnie and Crystal Fields - Hey guys, of course we remember you!! Hope you guys are doing well! How can I get in touch with you? I'd like to see pictures of your little guy!

4 comments:

johnnie said...

Well I am so happy to see he is getting so big. Cagan is huge. He is 6 months and 1 wk now. He is 18.11 oz and 28.5 in. He is crawling all over the place now. But to stay in contact here is our e-mail address. When I get yours I will email pics.
crystal- crysnacole@yahoo.com
johnnie- fieldsja79@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you soon. And again I am so happy to see you are out of the hospital and doing great.
crystal

amyoutlaw said...

I love his onesie. Too cute.

Jodi said...

Don't feel bad about Rhys being a tv junky. We put a tv in Olivia's room when she came home from the hospital. We spent most of our time in her room and figured we might as well watch some tv when we were up all night with her. We told ourselves that we would take it out before she "realized" that there was a tv in her room. It's still in there. :) The other night. . .much to daddy's dismay. . .she was glued to the tv watching figure skating.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. He is such a cutie. I guess you'll have to start putting on the baby einstein dvds for the lil tv junkie. hehe

~bran :0)