Tuesday, March 9, 2010

t minus one week

Today was my last OB appointment. What?! I can't describe the feeling of getting this far and having a planned delivery! Instead of counting by weeks, we are now counting down by days! My cervix is still closed but Little Sister is very low (my OB could feel her when he checked my cervix). I'm having slightly increased contractions but they are still random and well within my threshold. Most of the time I think it is baby movement I'm feeling because I can feel her ball up on one side or the other while the rest of my uterus remains soft. I also can feel her punching down on my cervix at times and my inner thigh muscles are incredibly sore. Not sure if that is related, but I suppose it could be.

So, what does this mean? She's definitely coming out at 36 weeks! I have one last peri appointment later this week to get a pre-op scan and final weight/anatomy scan. We're really hoping Little Sister is at least 5 pounds, but given her prior estimated weight gain this shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully she wont need any time in the NICU, but if she does we are prepared. One of Rhys's "old" primary nurses is going to attend the delivery and I know she'll give her the VIP treatment if Little Sister needs any help.

Rhys has recently started having separation anxiety. What timing! Not only that, but his little attitude is really getting bad. Used to when he would fuss he was easily appeased - hand him a toy, switch his position, talk to him or make funny faces. That isn't really the case any more. He is acting like he knows what he wants and he'll keep whining until you figure it out. I think part of the problem is that his cognition is more advanced than his motor skills and he is getting really frustrated when he can't move like he'd like to. I've said it before, but I am really hoping this incredible frustration will make him so mad he pushes his limits.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations!

Chris and Machel said...

Hooray!! That is awesome!! Just one more week!!

Crystal M said...

So excited for y'all - can't wait to meet "Little Sister" aka Jane Doe from what I hear! :) You are in our prayers. Lots of love - Crystal

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

This is wonderful! Here's hoping for a smooth delivery and zero NICU stay :-D (even if you are prepared for it...)

Unknown said...

this "OLD" primary nurse is SUPER excited to see baby "no-name" Outlaw....and IF for some crazy reason she has to come to the NICU she will be MINE!!!

carrie