Sunday, July 19, 2009

this and that

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Rhys had a great party and loaded up on birthday presents. What a lucky little boy he is to be surrounded by so many that love him. One gift in particular was just the coolest thing. He got an oversized infant bath tub after one of our friends (who we affectionately refer to as "aunt" - all our friends are aunts and uncles to Rhys) saw the picture of him on the blog in his little bitty tub. Rhys still doesn't sit up on his own so it is much easier to bathe him in the the infant tub instead of the bath rub. This tub is enormous, I've never seen anything like it, and Rhys loves it! He has the best time splashing around in it. Splashing all the water out of it I should say.

He also loves this new toy. So many things to look at! He's quite the musician with all these noise-makers.

I'm looking forward to opening all his other new toys and throwing them into the mix. I am constantly excited to see him play with new toys and discover how they work. It makes me feel better about his delayed development.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We went to the NICU yesterday morning bright and early to visit two of Rhys's primary nurses and bring the staff birthday cookies. They were super excited to see Rhys, and we love bringing him up there. While we were there I got to see fellow micro buddy Coy's new baby sister, Cydney. What a cutie pie! She is doing fantastic, but is needing a tiny bit of help in the NICU. Please pray for a super short NICU stay so she can get home a.s.a.p.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rhys is still sleeping really well. He takes great naps and is sleeping through the night. I wish the boy would eat as well as he sleeps! He's barely been eating lately and it's driving me crazy. He has started scooting downward towards his feet during the night (does that make sense?) and I am not at all sure how he accomplishes it. He'll also roll over onto his tummy in the crib, but no where else. So, he can do it, I guess we're still waiting on the organizational part of it to fall into place. My 18 pound sack of potatoes is hard on the back so I'm really wanting something to click soon!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We are going to the pulmonologist tomorrow. I am curious to see what is said about Rhys and his O2. He is satting much better than he ever has, so I'm hoping we'll be able to start the process of getting him off the oxygen. I was somewhat annoyed with the doctor the last time we saw her and then when the nurse called several weeks ago regarding Rhys's apnea monitor download results from January. That's right, there was a 4 month delay in them contacting us with instruction. Because we all know nothing much of significance can happen in 4 months. Or say even 5 months, since that is how long it's been since Rhys has seen the pulmonologist. Hopefully this visit wont turn out that way because if it does we might end up searching for a replacement.

Today I am: 1 year and 3 days old
Adjusted I am: 8 months, 1 week and 4 days old

No comments: