Sunday, November 1, 2009

little baby update

My age now officially belongs to a new decade and I can no longer claim to be in my 20's. I'm not an age person at all but man that stinks! :) We had a little birthday get together today and I asked Cody to snap a picture since I don't have any pregnant pictures yet. I don't really have many from my last pregnancy either, so I should try to get a few more this time around.



Little Baby looked good last week at my checkup. I started my 17P injections (progesterone) last Thursday so the preparation/planning is slowly being phased in. An RN from home health comes to our house to give the injection and provides a bit of "signs to watch for" refresher as well. She seems very knowledgeable and friendly and I am thankful for her service. I know I've mentioned it before but I h-a-t-e needles, and Cody tells me the needle for this shot is ginormous (I didn't look else I probably wouldn't have let her stick me). The medicine is delivered deep in the muscle and is injected slowly. The shot itself wasn't so bad but the prolonged injection makes the muscles ache. Needless to say I will not be eagerly awaiting her weekly visits.

This pregnancy is very similar to my previous pregnancy, but at the same time it's also very different. I've had the same symptoms as with the boys, but on a much different scale. Everything with the twins was multiplied to a higher degree. That is all I've known so I keep expecting a repeat. I stare at my belly worrying that Little Baby isn't growing enough, but then I remember oh wait there's only one! I packed on the pounds with the boys, despite never being hungry, and my belly grew visibly from day to day. While I have been hungry this time around, and have gained a good amount of weight, it isn't really showing so much. I will just say that maybe I need a "With Bump, Not Plump" shirt to add to my wardrobe. I definitely have a baby belly right now, but am barely showing compared to this stage with the twins.

I've had a few different sensations this time that I don't remember from before. From time to time I've had an internal pulsing/throbbing way down low. There is no pain, it's very random and is not at all rhythmic, lengthy or consistent. I mentioned it to the nurse (because I forgot to ask my OB - forgetting to question my doctors seems to be a recurring theme with me) and she told me they call it pelvic pressure and it is something to take mental note of to make sure it isn't a contraction in disguise. I don't really think it is at this point, but I suppose it could be eventually. The only contractions I know are the ones I felt the day the boys were born. Those were the textbook abdominal cramping that came 3-5 minutes apart so I am constantly concentrating on any strange feelings trying to determine if they are a cause for worry. Other than that everything has been uneventful, for which I am grateful.

1 comment:

The Lane Family said...

I remember those progesterone shots. You are lucky that they are letting a nurse give them. Our doctors trained my husband and so he would give them. I remember some days sitting on a heating pad and that would easy some of the soreness that comes after a few weeks of having them. But in the end it was so worth it for our beautiful kids.