Thursday, August 13, 2009

happy anniversary

Happy anniversary to me!


And Cody of course. It's hard to believe we've been married four years. And together for more than six. Last year we celebrated this way. I much prefer the way I'm doing it this year.... quietly at home, with Rhys. Except of course it'd be great if my husband were here as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As is the case with most of Texas I'd imagine, we've been in desperate need of a few showers. Our poor sprinkler system can't keep up on its own, so our grass has been dead and our flower beds dry and crunchy for months. Today we received some much needed rain. But wouldn't you know the flood gates opened while Rhys and I were grocery shopping. By ourselves. With my umbrella in the car. What an experience, but Rhys handled it like a trooper! Nothing like driving home dripping water and squishing on the seat.

No comments: