Monday, December 12, 2011

please vote!

I never ask anyone to do this, but here is my exception. Several weeks ago this couple was featured on the national news. Maybe you saw it. If not, there is a news clip on the link below. They offer modified tricycles for special needs kids who need a little extra help. They operate only on donations, and each tricycle is provided to children free of charge. This man and wife donate their time for this effort. The lady's name is Connie Hankins. And I just had a conversation with her, during which she asked if I'd go to this site and vote for her to win a new car. Yes, a new car. She was nominated by her daughter and she is currently in second place. I told her I'd do even better and I'd post it to Facebook and my blog. It takes about two minutes, because you have to register, but please take the time to go to the page and vote! You can vote once a day through the end of the month I believe, and for your vote to count you must vote for both an individual and a non-profit. I do not know these people personally, but as the mom of a special needs kid I very much appreciate what they're doing.


No comments: