Saturday, August 21, 2010

please stop the puking!

When does it stop? I am so tired of cleaning up puke. At least Rhys is a happy puker and doesn't get upset about it. I don't know if I could handle that with as many times as he pukes in a week. The terrible twos are quite enough, thank you.

I recently had to stop the mouth exercises (which incidentally I see are actually working bit by bit) with Rhys because he was puking at every.little.thing. - related or unrelated to the exercises. He had just stopped in the last few days, and I was about to start them up again. But first I had a brilliant idea to switch him from Pediasure to Carnation Instant Breakfast. One, it's cheaper. At the least expensive I've found it Pediasure is about $1.33 per 8 ounces, whereas the Carnation is about $0.80 per 8 ounces. There is similar nutrition, and Carnation even has a few more calories when mixed with whole milk. Second, and my main incentive, was that it is actual milk vs. whatever it is Pediasure is made of. Anyway, this is day two of no Pediasure. He wasn't super excited about it, but he's been drinking it. And just now he totally p.u.k.e.d up the entire contents of his stomach. Which is what inspired this omg moment. *sigh* I have to chalk this up to the milk because nothing else has changed. He's had cow's milk from the time he was one year adjusted so I know he isn't intolerant. So it is the extra quantity? I don't know. All I know is I h.a.t.e cleaning up puke.

2 comments:

Jennie B said...

I'm sorry!!!! If it makes you feel better, Bernie just went a little nuts at Target and bought what seems like an economy size variety of disinfectant wipes!! I can be on stand-by anytime you need a break from clean-up duties! :P

CByrn said...

Candice- I have been following your blog since the twins were born and I was wondering if you could give me the name of a pediatric gastro doctor there in Houston. My sister's little boy needs to see one, and she is not comfortable with the only doctor available in Beaumont. Please feel free to email me at jcg.byrn@att.net.

Thanks,
Carie Martin Byrn