Monday, December 14, 2009

peri vist @ 23 weeks

As expected, after reviewing the ultrasound today the peri told me I am still eating too much sugar/carbs. I don't eat a ton of sweets to begin with and Cody and I try to eat as healthy as possible as often as possible, but I am just a bread and rice kind of person and try as I might that is a major part of what I eat. I really have made an honest effort to limit my intake (despite my OB telling me not to worry), and that didn't do a thing so I give up! For now. Or until my OB tells me to adjust my diet. I go back to the peri in four weeks for another checkup... all part of the master plan.

Even still, I am just a bit on the high side according to the peri. Whatever that really means. Everything else with Little Sister looked great, when she remained still long enough for the tech to do her job. She is measuring a few days ahead and is estimated to weigh a whopping 1lb 2oz. That is right at where the boys were measuring - they each weighed 1lb 7oz at 23w5d. Cervix looked good today too. Woohoo! I am still having a random contraction here and there, but so far I haven't noticed an increase in frequency. The farther along I get the more comfortable I feel about this pregnancy having a different outcome from last time. I will breathe a huge sigh of relief once I reach 28 weeks, but as a lovely and wise friend recently told me "if we're going to wish let's wish BIG!"

Rhys seems to have come a bit more out of his shell the last few weeks. It is great seeing his little personality develop. More increasingly he has quite the attitude when he doesn't get his way. He loves the phone and Dad's touch screen remote and boy if you don't want him to have it you'd better not let him see it! I understand this isn't unique, but when you see your child start life as tiny and fragile as Rhys did it is so easy to be amazed at every silly (and normal!) little thing they do.

3 comments:

amyoutlaw said...

Yeah for closed and tight CERVIX. I agree with your friend to wish big. Like 36 weeks big. You'll make it to 36 weeks, I don't have a doubt in my mind. Plus, we can be cut open at the same time. March 16th @ 7:15 AM is my scheduled time as of now. Aim for that!!! ;-)

Michelle Smith said...

Prayers continue to go up for you and baby sister. I am excited about your good report and Rhys' continued improvements. What an adventure. We are all on the ride of your life with you.

Mary Anne Whiteley said...

Rhys has come so far! I know I have never met you guys, but a year and a half ago, when Brian and Amy were asking everyone to pray, I started following the blog and have never stopped. I have every confidence that by the time Rhys is 3, he'll be caught up with his same aged peers.

Amy- I don't know if the world could handle 2 Outlaws born on the same day, even if one of them is an O'Neal. LOL