Thursday, April 7, 2011

baby boy likes to move!

I think our little guy has a trampoline is my tummy. I only thought Zoe moved a lot. Every nurse who checks his heartbeat walks away with a smile on her face because his constant movements prevent his heartbeat from being easily found.

On Saturday I will be 23 weeks, and to be honest, I have been freaking out a little lately. I have no reason to think anything is wrong, but my head keeps inventing things. I have not had any full blown contractions (yet), as I did by this point with Zoe, but I have had irritability. That may sound great, and it is!, but it makes me fear that I'm dilating with no warning. At least when I was having contractions I had some indicator of what was going on. Not that I am wishing for contractions mind you. Thankfully all was well at my checkup today - cervix is still hanging in there.

To date I've gained 22 pounds. Which is a record for me, in that this is my first pregnancy to not have my weight gain surpass my weeks of gestation. I gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks, which is a lot considering that is nearly 25% of my total gain in only two of my 22+ weeks. But it wasn't unexpected because I've been eating us out of house and home lately. I blame the baby! :) So three months left 'til delivery and so far so good. As with Zoe I will feel much more relaxed once I make it to 28 weeks.

No comments: