Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Zoe got the boot

Zoe's been sleeping in our room since she was born. Initially for us to learn her quirks and become accustomed to a new baby, but then a few weeks turned into six months. What can I say, it is ever so much easier to move three steps instead of clear across the house when you're half asleep. And until recently she was showing no desire to eat less than three times a night. Even easier - Cody was away a lot the last few months and Zoe slept in his spot on the bed! Who wouldn't want to sleep next to this?


Last night was Zoe's first night ever in her crib. She's taken naps in her room, but never slept overnight. She went to bed just as easily as she always does. She even slept until her normal time of 5 a.m. Well, I'm assuming. My eyes popped open at that time even though Zoe wasn't crying or making any noise. Sure enough she was wide awake and staring at the light on her camera monitor. I almost got up to feed her, because that is what I'd normally do, but I stopped myself. She didn't look unhappy and she is well past of point of being able to sleep through the entire night without eating. So I stared at her for a while, as I am want to, thinking it's a good thing she is so stinking cute else I might be cranky about being awake at 5 a.m.

I was about to roll over to go back to sleep when I heard Rhys screaming. Ugh. Zoe's room is right next to Rhys's and I could see she heard him. She wouldn't be going back to sleep with all the noise so I checked in on Rhys then went ahead and put her in bed with me to feed her ('cause it is just easier that way). I really needed Zoe to eat anyway, if you know what I mean. By the time she was done eating Rhys was back to sleep, then Zoe and I fell back asleep.


Now if only I could get her to sleep until at least 6 a.m. (but mom would prefer 7 or later if you're listening Zoe) and Rhys to cease his obscenely early morning screaming fits...

No comments: